Thursday, September 10, 2015

Snow Glow...Pastel Landscape..Texas Artist...Rae Andrews






I was just fiddling today with a treasured Kitty Wallis board I bought at the Pastel Convention Trade Show. These boards are rare now, as they ceased manufacturing them a while ago. I had never used one and really loved this surface. Shame they are not making them now.

I am not that familiar with snow, being an Aussie, we rarely see it Sydney. So I have to admit I was flying blind a little.

Still I have seen snow in the southern regions of Australia, so the impression of those colors is obviously still in my head somewhere.

 I wanted to try and get that gorgeous glow one sees in the snowfields. It can be quite bright as you probably know.

This painting certainly was challenging for me, especially to work in such a high key palette of colors. 
I hope you like this one..I think I do..:)) Maybe I will try more snow scenes now I have broken the ice.

This image is unframed and is 9" x 12".
$230 plus S/H


Prints of this image and more of my work are available at Fine Art America:

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/snow-glow-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true


Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment