Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Leaves..Watercolor..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews



 I love to challenge myself with design.

 This was 'test' painting in readiness for a workshop I did.

I don't like to pre-draw images for the most part, and instead let my paints run and fold into each other making interesting designs into which I can 'fit' a subject ...

I used Golden Liquid Acrylics with a small squirt bottle to start this one. If one leaves a lot of white and interesting negative shapes, they have a better chance of finding a subject and bring it into focus.

I worked with WATERCOLORS to get the leaf shape, and of course, NEGATIVE PAINTING.


                                              This is a 7" x 12.5" image (unframed)
                                                                  $150 plus S/H

                  Prints of this image can be purchased through Fine Art America:
                         http://fineartamerica.com/featured/leaves-rae-andrews.html





Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com

Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment