Sunday, January 10, 2016

Whirling Dervish.Semi-Abstract......Pastel..Texas Artist..Rae Andrews


I began this with a pour of watercolor and acrylics on an Ampersand board.
At the time of the pour, I had no idea what I wanted to paint, so I decided to just play with the liquid media.

When it naturally dried, I began to wade through my photos, and decided to use KOI as my muse having watched and photographed tons of these fish on Maui on my last trip there.

I used my pastel pencil to draw the shapes into the painted areas, and then proceeded to overlay my pastels to retrieve the fish.

This is a large painting, 24" x 36" and is unframed. I hope you like it..

$500 Plus S/H ( contiguous USA. only).


Prints of this image are available at Fine Art America:

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/whirling-dervish-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true



Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment