Friday, October 30, 2015

Frangipani Fantasy..Abstract..Pastel..Texas Artist...Rae Andrews



It's a great day to be in my studio. painting... as it's pouring and sooo cozy! 
So this one is exactly what I have been doing all morning, painting!

I began this with a throw of watercolor and inks, to get a loose wash of colors and shapes.

After having been on Maui in the last few weeks, I had some gorgeous photos of Frangipanis (Plumeria) from which to refer. I had my MUSE.

I 'found' a place to get my FRANGIPANI situated, the rest is basically made up to adjust to the shapes the first throw made.

I paint like this all the time in watercolors, and although the technique is a little scary to some artists, I find it comforting to have no clue as to where the painting will end.

It truly makes the artist think about design and BALANCE.

This is on UArt sanded paper, not a bad surface, but for me, not as fun (yet) to work on as the Richeson sanded surface boards. They are still my favorites.

This image is for sale.

$130 including S/H within the contiguous USA.

It measures 7.25" x 10" and is on a 0 .25" thick archival piece of foamcore.

Prints are also available through Fine Art America:
http://fineartamerica.com/featured/frangipani-fantasy-rae-andrews.html?newartwork=true


Rae conducts workshops and demonstrations of her techniques in ACRYLICS, PASTELS, OILS, and WATERCOLORS

For more information please contact her at:
rae4art@aol.com


Please visit my Web Site at:
www.yessy.com/raeandrews

or my Blog Site at:
raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment